Battery

Mounting BADDY electronics, motors, batteries. Cabling everything

Moderator: BADDY Core

bensniper

Battery

Post by bensniper » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:38 pm

How can we know the level of the battery?
How can we know that the battery is charged?
---
comment on peut savoir le niveau de la batterie ?
comment on peut savoir que la batterie est chargée ?

baddyteam
Site Admin

Re: Battery

Post by baddyteam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi bensniper,

BADDY motor speed will slightly reduce when battery level goes low (security configured on the ESCs). However, it is recommended to recharge your BADDY after every 3 hours of usage.

In order to know when your BADDY is fully recharged, you have a led on the charger. Plug your charger on the current, and plug it on the battery. If Led is red, that means it's charging, if led goes green, that means it is fully charged.

Always keep an eye on a battery when charged. Never discharge your battery too much (you can damage Li-ion battery).

Battery monitoring via app will be available in the next PCB release. In the current PCB, you can monitor battery level but only when BADDY always switched on (another version of BADDY not part of the EA program)

Hope it helps!

Haywater

Post by Haywater » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi,

Im currently trying to look at options to power a shuttle luncher and wonder what the speculation of the battery is?
I know it is a 12v battery but wonder what mAh you use. How long does the battery last?

Many thanks

baddyteam
Site Admin

Post by baddyteam » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:20 am

Hello!

The only constraint you have on battery are the following:
- 12V
- Need to have 3 Cells (recognised by motor's Electronic Speed Controllers)
- Amp burst capability: 8A (to support motors needs in accelerations)

Beyond that, there is no real contraint on the Capacity (Ah). BADDY current battery do have 6Ah, which enables to last for around 3 hours of playtime / Can be much more in reality, as BADDY will consume 6A on tough accelerations during a very short timeframe, so it all depends the kind of strokes you actually most use in your training sequences

Cheers,

BADDY Team

TimiSchor

Post by TimiSchor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:28 pm

Is the battery in the EV3? Is it in your suspect EV3?
When I plug my battery in the red and green lights go on right away. The red light goes off when the battery is fully charged. This is with the battery installed. When I get home I'll pull the battery and try recharging when disconnected.

When you look up do you see a black cloud?

calculate percentage