Effectivement.

FOR ALL PLAYERS:
Be cautious not aiming at BADDY when smash/play. Shuttlecock may enter the fire room, be handled by wheels and damage your robot. Ultimately, using clear shots involves very high speeds for wheels, robot parts may be broken down and ejected out from the box, potentially creating incidents/injuries

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS for MINIBAD (young children below 7):
Avoid making clear shots with BADDY, or if so, don't configure speeds above 1200. Kids or beginners may inadvertly aim at BADDY. So please use with caution.

Moderator: BADDY Core

bensniper

Effectivement.

Post by bensniper » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:14 am

Bonjour Effectivement,

ça vient de m'arriver :(

J'avais placé la baddy au sol pour initiation au clear pour les minibad
orca-image-1521303777585.jpg_1521303777870.jpeg
lors d'un clear un jeune a frappé le volant mais pas assez fort => et il est arrivé en "cloche" dans la baddy.

Elle a pas apprécié ... Fire Room explosée :(
2018-03-18 10.03.40 (Copier).jpg
Le clear était à 1600.

Bonne journée
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

limoncello

Re: Effectivement.

Post by limoncello » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:18 am

Benoit,

is there anything we can do to prevent that?

Que peut on faire pour éviter cette situation?
Chris

baddyteam
Site Admin

Re: Effectivement.

Post by baddyteam » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Hello,

First thing we shall avoid: aiming at BADDY. I have seen many teenagers (including myself, OK I am not so young anymore but I have the mindset of a child) that always want to shoot BADDY :( very funny, but with the speeds involved here, it may be dangerous (very).

Beginners or kids don't have full control on the direction of their shots, so we must do something:

- Short term / not ideal:
* Reduce speeds for clears in case of mini bad

- Middle term:
* Limit speeds between shots (in the case of bensniper, shot frequency was every 4sec, on clears). Requires updating the code responsible for managing inter shot speeds. Requires testing as well

- Long term:
* Develop "hit me" feature earlier than scheduled - hardware plugin that can hide BADDY between shots, and that you can aim at during a sequence (it detects when you touch it)

Cheers