Fourth test on court

This forum to share about what we like and what we want to improve for next BADDY DIY releases! Your advice and experience matter!

Moderator: BADDY Core

limoncello

Fourth test on court

Post by limoncello » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:55 am

Hi,

Using the code updated posted on 20/03 by benoit (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13)

Results seems really good when creating loop between various shots, we are improving guys!!
Random is also reported to work fine.
Please find attached some pictures showing where shuttle is falling on court. Test realized with good shuttles.
while uploading the updated code I have one new issue on retainer which gives now too much room for the shuttle as per picture, in which direction do i have to modify the code?

To finetune the drops shot, i'd like to be shorter and going on the left and right extremities of the court before the service line , have you any idea of the setting i can use? i tested several (decreasing speed of motors) but not easy. i hope this zone will be reachable and that we won't have the same situation as in rear court.

Another improvement would be to get a kind of keyboard to select more easily the motor speeds on the setup zone of the baddy app.

thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

bensniper

Re: Fourth test on court

Post by bensniper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Hello

Try the drop:

LEFT : 895 - 831
CENTER 840 - 840
RIGHT 831 - 895

for the centre I'm just behind the net.
right and left front of the line
I didn't test it more. I expect parts :(

Benoit

Fabien_Saf

Post by Fabien_Saf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello,

i have not tested the new code, but for drop we use the following settings:

Code: Select all

// DROP SHOTS
int DROP_LEFT_SHOT_LEFT_MOTOR=900;
int DROP_LEFT_SHOT_RIGHT_MOTOR=830;
int DROP_CENTER_SHOT_LEFT_MOTOR=856;
int DROP_CENTER_SHOT_RIGHT_MOTOR=856;
int DROP_RIGHT_SHOT_LEFT_MOTOR=835;
int DROP_RIGHT_SHOT_RIGHT_MOTOR=900;
and here is the result:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

limoncello

Post by limoncello » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:28 pm

for center drop i have in mind we tested 848 -848 it works just fine, so we are really close to your figures, i'll test the left and right with your setup and will revert

tks
Chris

baddyteam
Site Admin

Post by baddyteam » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Chris,

Looking good. Thanks for that. I just saw the white trace on your wheels, and it seems there is still room for better energy transfer, as 1-2 mm of the rubber doesn't seem in contact with the shuttlecock while shooting (surface that remains brown)

You maybe have room of improvement by elevating your wheels on motor's shaft by +2-3 mm. This may as well optimise the directions you are currently seeking to obtain.

Take care of sufficiently tightening the hub on the motor's shaft to avoid the issue you met last time (loosen hub couldn't allow wheels to break). Having that said, don't force to much as you may break the transversal screw and not be able to unmount your wheel anymore...

For your retainer's configuration problem, have a look at the code, you may change the retainer's "UP" position, change it with deltas not greater than 5 units. Take the necessary time to observe the new behaviour (using the configure interface on the go baddy app by pushing "Fire button") Make sure there are no obstacle and that the movement is "fluid", otherwise, you may take risk to damage your servo motor.

As I can see, court coverage is getting greater, and your BADDY shall begin to be able to make you run :)

Wishing you a lot of fun, and many thanks for sharing your experience with other members.

Best wishes,

BG

Fabien_Saf

Post by Fabien_Saf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Benoit,

Do you think we must change too the position of the wheels on the motor shaft:
20180314_120714_redim.jpg
Fabien

baddyteam
Site Admin

Post by baddyteam » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:12 pm

Hi Fabien,

Clearly, yes. Your fire room's nose is not touching the motor board. Try to screw a little bit more the central screw to get it closer to the board, as it positively affects the flex of the board.

Be careful with the retainer servo's wire we see in the background of your photo. Make sure it is fastened correctly and not too lousy as it may touch the wheels - that would be a catastrophe. :?

Cheers,